Thursday, February 17, 2011

The best feeling in the world...

is wearing my saddle shoes for the first time after a harsh winter. Instead of patches of grass, there are patches of snow. The sun's been making regular appearances, and birds announce their presence. As often as I wish I lived closer to the equator, I'm glad I live somewhere with 4 seasons. Autumn may be my favorite, but there's nothing I appreciate more than that first week of Spring.

Of course, I am told that it's too good to be true, and that another snowstorm will surely come. But I have high hopes for this year, and faith in my groundhog friend. I think this is it. I sure hope so, because I have so many runs in my tights, and I'm constantly restitching legwarmers that are splitting at the seems. And I love being barefoot. That is really the best feeling in the world.

Today was wonderful. Normally I have Cinema from 9:30am until 4:30pm, and then Video from 5pm to 10pm. But today both of those were canceled! Normally, I'd prefer to have class. But the weather was so wonderful, and I have a lot of footage I still need to shoot for various projects. So I came home early (4 o'clock!) and sat on my balcony and taped some shots and read some articles and ran to the grocery store (because normally, I leave before it opens and return wayyy after it closes) and watched 2 movies: The Butterfly Effect and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. My major day this semester (have I mentioned this already?) is spent developing a thesis...ideally to use for a BFA project next year. Which is why I have half of the library in my studio. Anyway, I have a growing list of movies related to my topic that I've been trying to watch. I really enjoyed these two, especially the latter. Then again, that is to be expected with anything involving Michel Gondry.

Now to make this night perfect, I just have to go to bed by midnight. Wouldn't that be wonderful. Ha!

Ps. If you're in the Cleveland area, the 65th annual Student Independent Exhibition opens tomorrow (6pm-9pm), and I have two pieces in! I'm really excited about a lot of the work in there, actually. So stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment