Monday, March 21, 2011

I've Been Really Into Ballads Lately.

They fit well with some art I'm working on. Especially the video I'm making about Grizzly Adams. There will be a ballad. But before that's done, I need to find words that rhyme with Franklin.

I've also been listening to Bob Dylan. All the time. Which is weird, because I usually stick with Buddy Holly/Dion & the Belmonts/Chubby Checker/Ricky Nelson/Franki Valli and the 4 Seasons/Motown/50s Doo-wop area, or the contemporary Iron & Wine/Jack Johnson/The Tallest Man On Earth/Will Hoge genre. But I don't mind this change.

I drew a lot of trees today. Tomorrow I will draw a lot of tree stumps and tombstones. And maybe some mountains. And rain clouds. For large repeat patterns, which I love making. I have about 26 feet of fabric to silkscreen. It will be awesome.

Also, I might be buying 2 or 3 cameras (one's only $11, though, so that doesn't really count) soon. I have so many ideas for projects, and with the end of the semester (and summer!) in sight, I can hardly wait to do art without deadlines.

Tomorrow I will be cleaning my room, sewing, embroidering, looking at images of owls, designing pillowcases, checking out more library books, reading, taking pictures, and hopefully coming home to see that my new camera lens has arrived! I'm excited.

Last week I was in one of those after-Spring-Break-where-I-didn't-really-take-a-break-at-all-and-now-I'm-exhausted funks. I think a lot of us were. Stress has been high lately. But this week will be good and productive.

And just because I haven't shared much besides insignificant words here lately, look at this beautiful video my best friend Vanesa made. She has incredible ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment