Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sometimes I get carried away.

Let me tell you, I am one determined girl. I dream up big ideas and rather than limiting myself to what should be possible, I immediately set my mind to them and do all that I can to accomplish them. These projects generally consume my life, if only for a little while.

A couple days ago, I decided to make a project for myself: make one animated .GIF everyday for a year. At least. Emphasis on animated. So something as silly as .GIFs (don't worry-no dancing teddy bears or sparkly hearts!) is something I ended up taking seriously. I made goals for myself. I thought about the potential and how it would help me develop animation ideas, especially more down the experimental road. I spent my day off sitting in my outdoor fort I constructed with neglected bedsheets, sketching and listing ideas. I came up with a project name, created a Tumblr blog for it, designed a logo, tweaked the layout and design of the blog, came up with a mini artist statement, if you will, about the project, and learned some fancy (or not really) coding while at it.

Well, while doing all of this stuff, I started thinking about integrating more animated elements into this blog, and, well, there went my weekend. But check out my new header! (Go on, hover over it...) Totally worth the 3 hours of sleep I had been living off of. I hadn't intended on remaking this blog, but then I started working on making static pages and thinking about designing the links for them and making them match and... I'm a glutton for punishment, as I've been told far too many times.

Tomorrow, I'll be taking my laptop to the Apple Store (poor Chloe has been sick for a while), so I'm not sure when the project will *officially* start, but I'll be sure to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment