Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday.

Lately I've been feeling really overwhelmed with all of my projects. As it turns out, 18 credit hours is a lot when 4 out of the 6 classes are studio classes. I've been doing alright all semester. It's just crunch time right now. I'm working on final projects, applying for scholarships and internships, and looking for more ways to make money to pay the rent. It's a little exhausting, especially when you don't have time to stop and eat, or, say, when you're up til 5:30 in the  morning, take a nap, then get up at 7:15am to start again.

This morning was CIA's Honorary Scholarship Competition. We had to set up all of our pieces to be judged, leave, then pick them up later. So I spent all of last night worrying that my hard work wouldn't show through. But after setting everything up in my studio (and even Febreezing it!), I felt a lot better. Last year, I competed as well, and felt I had no chance when I saw the work of my peers all laid out, but I ended up winning one! I won't find out about this year until April 30, so until then, I wait, pray, and appreciate the fact that I had one for this year.

So after running errands (and grocery shopping!), I am taking it easy so I don't overwork (too late) myself too terribly. I'll be working on my website tonight, hopefully finishing it by Thursday. Then tomorrow I'll hopefully finish editing my 2 animation shoots I did so far, so that I can pass them off to the musician.

And I have a feeling this week will be a million times better & less stressful. Partly because it shouldn't snow anymore (really, Cleveland?). And party because I am prepared for the rain. While in Target today I finally replaced my rainboots with these lovelies by Liberty of London! All of my boots got a little too beat up this winter, so my 2 pairs of snow boots, and my old rain boots were all cracked so I would have wet feet for 17 hours a day. So now I don't have to worry about that!

By the way, I am in love with everything by Liberty of London at Target. They just make me wish CIA was offering a repeat pattern design class again.






If only they made umbrellas!


No comments:

Post a Comment