Sunday, February 7, 2010

All girls are princesses.

One day over winter break, my brother, Joey, who's nine and like to pick on my little three year old sister Mia, told her that she wasn't a real princess. We needed to remedy this before she had a complete meltdown, so I told her what Sara Crewe told me when I was younger, "I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us." So we ended up watching the movie A Little Princess together. And over spring break, I think I will read her part of the book. But if you have never see the movie, you should. Especially if you're a princess. It's beautiful.






















I think I need to go watch this now. And do some more little test animations. And finish writing an artist statement. This weekend was not long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment