Friday, February 5, 2010

I judge books by covers.

I always have. And I'm ok with it. The way I see it, if a book is that good, they'll hire a graphic designer who's that good to make sure the book looks that good. And I love books with really great pictures inside. Granted, most of the books I read nowadays are about art, but still.

So it works out really well that I work in my school's library. Our library carries pretty much exclusively art related books. It's beautiful. And every Monday morning and Thursday evening, I find myself collecting books to check out, or at the very least, writing down call numbers to come back to. They do limit how many books you can check out, but it's supposedly over 300, so I think I'm ok for a while now.

A lot of the time when I check out books, the pictures are so great that I end up scanning a lot of them. Some of them I want to take into After Effects and animate, but others I guess I just collect. They may come in handy someday.

One of the books I've checked out recently is Tiaras by Diana Scarisbrick. Yup, it's a book solely about tiaras. And so many beautiful pictures! Naturally, when I came across this shelving a book about necklaces, I had to check it out. Who would pass up a book about tiaras? Certainly not the girl who gets packages from her family addressed to Princess Michaela Lynch. Haha. So anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you. Trust me, it was hard to limit it to just these few.










Ps. If you want to know more about the crown, click on the image to view it larger, and you should be able to read the text at the bottom. Now back to Sleeping Beauty. Er, doing homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment