Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lost Things

I found this earlier today, and didn't get around to posting it. But I guess I better, as it keeps invading my thoughts. I wanted one of the endings to my animation to be shot looking at the ground, a la Her Morning Elegance and the Amazon Kindle commercial. I had been thinking about possibilities and looking through all my flea market treasures and many idea books and sketchbooks. However, a lot of my previous ideas, even from sketchbooks I kept in the summer...were already done in this beautiful video Lost Things directed by Angela Kohler (who also did the Kindle commercial). It's a little heartbreaking when some of my most inspiring ideas, involving skeleton keys and tea cups and other items I've collected, have been done. But at the same time, it creates a new challenge for me to do it better, or in a new way. So, my version may or may not involve an old horse shoe that's been collecting dust and luck, some fairy lights that always cheer me up, and a needle and thread. We'll see how it goes.

And of course I couldn't leave without sharing with you some screencaps. It was difficult for me to not take screenshots of the whole video, so make sure you watch it!













Ps. I may grumble about the snow an awful lot, but this Cleveland blizzard looks much prettier when viewed through the window of a lovely little cafe that bakes the tastiest raspberry linzers I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment