Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fun Facts :)

I've been pretty busy, as usual, and I can't wait until next week (midterms) is over! Then I'll be going home to Detroit for spring break, and having lots of fun with Mia. But more about our plans later. For now, I thought I'd share a few things you may not have known about me, inspired by Elsie's blog post.


I don't believe in inanimate objects. By that, I mean that I don't think objects should be inanimate. I believe that they could very easily tell a story and should tell that story. Which is why I love creating stop motion animations. 
I have mad hula hoop skills. At least I like to think so.
I build really awesome forts. And sometimes break bookshelves in the process. Totally worth it.
My first childhood ambition (when I was about 3 years old) was to grow up to have red hair and a tail and sit on rocks singing all day and get married on a boat. My mom informed me that being the little mermaid wasn't really an option, so I decided to be an artist. Now I study Ariel in a whole new way. The special effects animators from that movie are my heroes. And I have Little Mermaid sheets on my bed hidden by my comforter.
I could live off of breakfast, brunch, & brinner. Toast is one of my favorite snacks. French toast is even better. Plus, I have the ability to scramble eggs for 40 people. I just tell people it's because I come from a large family. It's a lot easier than explaining how I really learned.
For our one month anniversary, my boyfriend went to Toys R Us and bought me a pink Tamogatchi. That was 4 and a half years ago. It's still attached to my keys.
I don't believe in growing up. Not completely. Not in the way that most of our society does. I plan on building forts as long as I can still get up from crawling on the ground, and watching Disney movies until the day I die, and dressing up like a princess whenever I have nothing else to wear.
I bought my first antique when I was 5 years old. My next door neighbor had passed away and his daughters were selling some of his belongings, including a Fisher Price circus set. I paid $7. Today, a complete set runs for about $400 on eBay. I think it would be lovely for an animation.
One of my favorite tv shows is iCarly. Don't judge. It's amazing.
I don't own Microsoft Word. I own a 1949 Smith Corona Silent I got for $15 at a garage sale. It will be in my upcoming animation.


Back to work, of course! Goals for today: finish the animation portion of my website (that's huge!) and officially storyboard/plan out alternate endings to my animation. Oh, and interview a few more lucky folks for my documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment